[SECC] Fw: SS CW AA4CF SO Unlimited HP

aa4cf aa4cf at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 17:23:08 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b4h.net
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:59 PM
To: 3830 at contesting.com ; aa4cf at arrl.net
Subject: SS CW AA4CF SO Unlimited HP

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4CF
Operator(s): AA4CF
Station: AA4CF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  172
   40:  181
   20:  279
   15:  143
   10:   70
------------

Rig:  1KW, Spiderbeam at 30 feet, wire antennas.

Fun contest overall, I thought conditions were pretty good except for 80M.
managed to work all 83 sections because I got the NT station when I was
calling
CQ on 20M.  I was lucky because I did not see the NT station calling CQ.
845
contacts is a new record for my station, the 70 QSOs on 10M helped a lot.  I
enjoy trying to work all of the sections, so taking the time to search for
them
lowered my overall score some I'm sure.  Plus I spent some extra time on 10M
and 15M trying to get some more of the last few states I need for 5BWAS.

I also noticed that there were more newer hams on, with license years in the
00s and 10s, I tried to send a "FB" to them when in QSO.  It was nice
to hear them on.

No equipment failures (knock on wood), except for one arc fault I got on my
N/S
20M loop when on 15M (and its tuning circuit) at 1KW, but I just used my E/W
facing loop for 15M to finish the contest.

I tried the N1MM+ (new plus version) logger, and was ready to revert to the
N1MM classic if
needed, but N1MM+ seemed to do just fine so I was able to use it the whole
contest.

73, Charlie
AA4CF