[SECC] Announcement: NY State QSO Party Oct 18

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Oct 1 15:24:10 EDT 2014

CQ NYQP!  Rochester DX Association (RDXA) and the NYQP Committee welcome
you to the 2014 NYQP to be held on Saturday 18 OCT, 1400 UTC for 12
straight hours of radio fun.

It looks like we'll have all 62 counties on the air in addition to at
least 10 experienced mobile/rover stations across the state.  All
contest bands (160m-2m and higher) and all modes (CW, SSB, Digital) will
be represented.  NYQP QSO rates are quite good and we hope to set new
rate records this year as more mobiles take to the streets.  In addition
to excellent W/VE participation, NYQP has become popular with DX
stations that are interested in working all NY counties on multiple
bands.  More DX is very welcome!

The event is well funded with many categories and there is plenty of
opportunity to win a plaque both within NY and outside of the state.
The plaques are really beautiful and a great addition to the family room.

Here is a link to the 2014 rules:  (Exchange:  RST and County, in NY;
RST and S/P/C, outside NY)

http://nyqp.org/wordpress/nyqp/2014/NY_QSO_Party_Rules_2014.pdf

So......please send me information on your planned activities (NW2K at
arrl.net), including county activations and times of operation.  We'll
get it posted to NYQP.org along with all the other NYQP resources (e.g.
rare counties, county abbreviations, plaque info, software support, faqs
etc).

If you'd like to sponsor a plaque, please send me a note.

All NY stations...this is your premier event, so please try to get on
for 1 QSO or 100.  Let's set some participation records.

Please post this information to your club's reflector so we can really
boost participation and give the log checkers a ton of work.  NYQP is a
great club activity.

Thanks and see you on 18 OCT!

CQ NYQP!

73, Dean, NW2K