[SECC] Invitation to Worked All Germany Contest this Weekend

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Oct 14 08:14:26 EDT 2014

Dear presidents and representatives of contest clubs,

this is the invitation and reminder for Worked All Germany Contest on
the upcoming weekend of October 18/19th in CW and mixed on 80-10m (1500
to 1459 UTC).

With normally more than 2000 active stations from Germany there should
be enough activity for contesters to enjoy at least some hours and
hopefully many hours. Therefore we kindly ask you to spread this
invitation amongst your members. WAG is something for the seasoned
operator enjoying running hours to Germany as well as for S&P-ops
chasing still another DOK.

WAG is more than the final test for a WWDX-setup. Even for stations
normally too far or too close for a TopTen-slot WAG will satisfy the
award hunter, the "fresh meat" op from a sought after location or simply
give a chance to refreseh ties to Germany and its hams.

So we would be happy if you could send this invitation to your
reflectors, newsletters, forums or mailing lists. And please let us also
know opinions, wishes and proposals for improvement (other than for
better condx).

All necessary info about WAG with rules, records and hints on our
website: http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/contest/wag/en/

Thank you in advance, hopefully cu and best 73,

Chris DL8MBS
WAG Contestmanager