[SECC] Announcement: NCCC RTTY Ladder Starts This Week

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Sep 1 16:09:28 EDT 2014

Greetings Fellow Diddlers (and Prospective Diddlers):

The long anticipated NS RTTY Ladder competition begins this week (it’s been a whole year since the last one), continuing for 5 sessions over the next 6 weeks.

We will be using the standard NS rules, which means:

-- 80m, 40m, and 20m ONLY: +80 kHz and up from the bottom. No 15m (which is pretty well dead for the rest of the year anyway).

Please watch out for any W1AW/* operations that may be in the area.

-- No Dupes: this keeps it consistent with the cw sessions.

-- 1 kHz QSY rule for both calling and answering CQs.

-- Same time as the practice sessions:

-- 0145 to 0215Z Sept. 5 (Thursday night Sept. 4 in NA)

-- 6:45-7:15 PM PDT

-- 9:45-10:15 PM EDT, etc.

-- 100W, other Sprint rules apply.

-- Be sure to use the appropriate logging program setup that will enable band multipliers.

There will be one bye week, Oct 3, due to the California QSO Party.

Questions? Please refer to the RTTY NS info page at:

   http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html

Links to the rules as well as other useful info are there.

Please post your scores to 3830scores.com as well as the NCCC-blue mailing list.

I will send out one more reminder later this week so you don’t forget (you wouldn’t do that, would you?)

Thanks and hope to see you printing on Thursday night!

Ken K6MR (Thursday Night Diddler*)

*copyright N6RO