[SECC] Reminder: WZ8C Memorial Sprint Tuesday Night in US

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Sep 2 10:56:55 EDT 2014

This is a last minute reminder of our special Honoring or Remembering Nancy
WZ8C sprint. Just in case you don't know, Nancy was the North American
leader of FISTS for many years until her passing 6 months ago today. Since
she was so instrumental in helping the NAQCC get started in addition to her
tireless work with FISTS, both clubs have joined together for this sprint to
honor her memory.

The sprint is this (Tuesday) evening, September 2 from 8-11PM EDT. 7-10PM
CDT, 6-9PM MDT, 5-8PM PDT. Of course as every ham should know, that
translates in all cases to Wednesday, September 3 from 0000-0300Z in the
commonly used ham radio UTC time. The three hour time frame is a compromise
between the 2 hour NAQCC sprints and the 4 hour FISTS sprints.

Complete rules can be found on the NAQCC web site at
http://naqcc.info/nancy.html. While there be sure to check out the
month-long Nancy challenge as well.

I have found that if you wish to use GenLog for the sprint, the North
American QSO Party template works well. Just fill in the call in the Call
field, the category (B F N X) in the Name field and the SPC in the St/Pr/DX
field. Of course everyone will send the name NANCY so no need to log that.
You need not submit a complete log as with our regular sprints, but the
GenLog file will be nice to transfer to your regular station log after the
sprint.

There will be no autologger available for this special sprint. You must send
your results via email (preferred) or regular mail per the instructions in
the rules.

We hope all will join in the sprint to honor the memory of this wonderful
lady who loved CW so much.

* John K3WWP - 100% CW / QRP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:
*
* On the air with my KX3 #2325, K2 #6418, KX-1 #02101
*
* As NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 - http://naqcc.info/
*
* As FISTS Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002 - http://www.fists.org/