[SECC] GaQP NJ8J Single Op CW LP

Ben Coleman NJ8J nj8j at benshome.net
Sun Apr 12 18:48:14 EDT 2015

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: COBB
Operating Time (hrs): 04:49

  160:      1
   80:     65
   40:     25
   20:     33
   15:      7
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    131       0  CW-Dig Mults = 32  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 8,384

Equipment:
Alinco DX-77T
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna tuner

Antennas:
100' OCF Dipole fed with ladder-line

Logger: N1MM+

Got started 1:10 late due to having to scramble at the last minute to
get a logger set up.  The normal shack computer runs console-mode Linux.
 And neither tlf nor yfktest (my usual contest loggers) handles GQP.  I
had expected to have a different computer set up in the shack, but the
part needed to fix it has not yet arrived.  I ended up grabbing the work
laptop and throwing N1MM+ on it.

The higher bands were pretty lousy.  The handful of 15M qsos I got were
the result of calling CQ on the band even though I wasn't hearing
anything on the band.  80 worked out well, though.  I ended up making as
many Qs on 80 as I did on 40, 20, and 15 combined.

Unlike most of my entries, this is mostly running.

I had planned to do Sunday, but that got scrapped as a result of dealing
with aa broken radiator hose mount on the car radiator.

Ben
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin