[SECC] Announcement: 2015 CWOpen Contests, 9/5/15

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Aug 10 13:21:31 EDT 2015

We will enter teams for this contest, as usual.  I will solicit team
members when it is a little closer.  Now, I need volunteers for teams
for NAQP SSB this Saturday.  73, John, K4BAI.

CW Open on September 5

Dear members:

Our annual contest – CW Open – will be held on September 5. It is
actually 3 separate 4-hour contests where each one is separately scored
and awarded. You can participate in just one, two or all three sessions.
Each session starts anew, with QSO number 1 and no multipliers. You have
three chances to win a beautiful glass trophy and/or a category (HP, LP
or QRP) plaque. And, for the second year, we are awarding trophies and
plaques to winners in each ITU region (1, 2 and 3). So, contesters in
one region are really only competing with contesters in that same region.

The rules stay the same. You receive 1 point per QSO per band per
session; and 1 multiplier per callsign worked per session. So, the best
way to accumulate a lot of points is to work as many different
callsigns, per session, as you can. The exchange is QSO number and name
(e.g. 4 John). There are several logs that support CW Open (see
www.cwops.org/cwopen.html).

The 3 sessions are at:

0000 to 0359Z,

1200 to 1559Z

2000 to 2359Z

QSOs with other members all count toward your ACA, CMA, WAE, WAS and DX
totals for 2015, plus you may win a very special trophy or plaque. More
important, the club needs as many of you as can participate to please do
so. Contests are fun, and the more players there are, the more fun they are.

Take a look at the session times above and see if you can participate in
even one of them. If you can, please do so. We need you.

73

Rob K6RB

Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this
message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the
following link: Unsubscribe
CWops
3881 Winkle Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
US

	Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!