[SECC] Reminder: 30 Minutes Phone Fray Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Aug 11 10:29:40 EDT 2015

I had fun with this last week and despite no QSOs in the last four or
five minutes had a score that was very high in the results.  Surprising
to find the 15M band come to life at 0230Z when such activity starts.
Was able to work both west coast and east coast.  East coast may have
been backscatter.  Activity starts on the highest open band and moves
down the bands.  73, John, K4BAI.

Please join in, this Tuesday night, 10:30pm EDT (0230-0300z Wednesday).

The Phone Fray is weekly and mirrors NAQP SSB; exchange name and S/P/C,
mults per band.   NAQP SSB is this weekend so come on out for some fun
practice.

Here are some Phone Fray quotes from last week:

"That went way too fast!" (WD0T)

"Wow! My first Phone Fray exceeded all my expectations. That was fun!"
(W6SX)

"Best was when VE8NSD called me from NT." (KT4ZB)

Suggested center frequencies are:  21.325, 14.250, 7.175, 3.800 (avoid
3.790-3.800, and lower is better), 1.875.

15 is usually open at the start, then folks move down to 20, and Q's are
had on 160 in the last five minutes.

Rules:  http://www.perluma.com/Phone_Fray_Contest_Rules.pdf

Join the free Yahoo Groups Reflector for communications: