[SECC] NA Sprint SSB Saturday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Aug 28 11:01:34 EDT 2015

Waiting to hear from W4ANT.  Alan would give us a full ten-member team.
  If anyone else signs up, we can have a second team if we have at least
two.  All my e-mails to the southeast contest coalition reflector have
bounced beginning with Tuesday of this week.

One thing I forgot to mention for those of you new to the Sprint QSY
rules is this.  It can be discouraging if you don't CQ much and try to
H&P all the time and you sometimes can feel that you are always beaten
out by higher power stations with better antennas.  Please don't be
discouraged.  If that happens too much, you should CQ more.  Everyone
who makes up to two QSOs on a frequency then has to QSY and is looking
for a new QSO.

One technique is to find a frequency a little higher than most sprint
CQers and CQ there.  You might also find one a little lower and CQ
there.  You will get callers, including some of the real big guys who
want to work everybody.

When you are turning for someone to call and hear what appears to be a
clear frequency, ask quickly "Is the frequency in use."  If you don't
get a response, try a quick CQ Sprint or CQ NA.  You may be surprised at
the good results you get from calling CQ in this type of a contest.

73, John, K4BAI.