[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2015 ARRL 160 Meter Contest

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Dec 6 18:21:07 EST 2015

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:48

Total:  QSOs = 570  Sections = 72  Countries = 9  Total Score = 94,527

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, tee vertical.  Went to theatre with XYL Friday night
and wasn't able to be QRV before 0400Z.  Band seemed in pretty good shape.
Worked OK7M on first call and heard a few other strong stations from Europe.
But, was tired and went to bed before sunrise in Western Europe.  Saturday
night, the band seemed possible better to the west coast, but much weaker to
Europe. Stayed up until after European sunrise and worked only EI2CN in Europe.
  Heard a few others, all very weak.

During Friday night's operation, the output from the amp seemed down to about
500W.  I wondered before starting out Saturday if the connection from the
antenna tuner to the station ground and the one vertical I have snaking around
the flower garderns and the house and discovered that both had come
disconnected.  I am surprised I did so well the first night with the ground
system disconneced.  But that had nothing to do with the output from the
amplifier. It simply wasn't tuned up properly due to my having misread the
chart that I use to start the tune up procedure on each band.  Saturday, the
amplifier was properly tuned up at 1 KW  There were still a few who had a hard
time hearing me, but I was able to work most that I could hear clearly.
Disappointed to miss a mult Sunday morning when I heard N5ZC in WTX, but it was
too late for me to get through to him.  Thanks for all QSOs.  I hope I worked a
lot of you from PJ4A and PJ4/K4BAI last week.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/

arly.
Disappointed to miss a mult Sunday morning when I heard N5ZC in WTX, but it was
too late for me to get through to him.  Thanks for all QSOs.  I hope I worked a
lot of you from PJ4A and PJ4/K4BAI last week.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.3830scores.com/">http://www.3830scores.com/</a>

</pre>