[SECC] Hello from North Carolina

Greg Davis n3zl.radio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:03:53 EST 2015

Hello SECC,

I'm back.

The past few years have kept me off the radio except for very rare moments,
as I've gotten married, moved to Salt Lake City, had a baby, moved back to
the east coast, bought a house in Candler, NC, just minutes west of
Asheville, among other things. Now that the dust is settling down, I've
found myself to have at least a small amount of time to get back on the
air, and, just as importantly, the real estate to put up some antennas.

So far, I've just got up a T vertical for 160m, close to 100 feet tall,
with about 2000 feet of radials underneath it so far. I plan to add some
more before this weekend's Stew Perry. RX antennas are on the to-do list,
as are, of course, antennas for the other bands. I've been active on some
other bands with temporary dipoles. A tower is out of the question for the
forseeable future, but I have a lot of tall trees to play with, so I'm
hoping to put up some wire beams and/or other gain antennas fixed on Europe
and other areas of interest for the higher bands and have full size
vertical for the low bands. The house is more-or-less on the top of a large
hill, with a dropoff especially on the north side, so I think it is a
location with good potential. Additionally, I was recently offered the
amplifier from my elmer and recent silent key, Jack Jackson, N4JJ, for a
very reasonable price, which I accepted. My parents are bringing it to me
later this week when they come up to visit for Christmas. It has brand new
tubes and is in pristine condition.

Hope to work many of you on 160m this weekend.

73 de Greg N3ZL