[SECC] NA Sprint CW Team

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Feb 5 08:21:14 EST 2015

Hello guys:  Looks like for Southeast Sprint Coalition we have one full
team.  I will register the team tomorrow, so please let me know of any
changes.  Below you will see a post about the NCCC sponsored Thursday
night half hour CW Sprint Practice tonight. That would be a very good
time to check everything out and make sure all the hardware and software
are working.  It does include 160M if you are so inclined.  Otherwise
rules about the same as NS except that PJ4, PJ2, and P4 do count as
mults even though outside NA.  Post your results to 3830.

Here is the team:  K4BAI, N2NL, K8MR, NP2X (K9VV), N4WW (WF3C), K0EJ,
W4UX, AA4CF, N4OX, K1TO.

Thanks for your interest and support.  73, John, K4BAI.

The NAS CW Sprint is on Saturday .  .Join NCCC on Thursday night for a
vigorous, challenging half hour practice --  the 6th week of NS Ladder XXII.

PST:  1830-1900 Thurs (0230-0300Z Fri UTC)
Bands:  20, 40, 80 and 160. (xx.040+ or ~1812-1818)

Differences in rules from NAS CW:
-- Band mults
-- 1,1 KHz qsy  (rather than 1,5)
-- add 160m (optionally)
-- some added mults  .  HI, DC + more Carib countries than NAS.

Earlier weeks of the current ladder have had 40+ participants and max rates
~125/hr or more. . . the pileups and speed (and maybe dodging k1n callers)
will renew and sharpen your sprinting skills.

RE K1N:  if there's QRM from K1N callers move up in frequency (there are no
CW W1AW transmissions at that time).

Details atwww.ncccsprint.com

Please post your scores, even embarrassing ones, to 3830scores.com

Probably there's an NCCC practice on Fri night as well.

73 Bill n6zfo