[SECC] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] Rules for CQ WW DX Contest 2015

kt4zb--- via SECC secc at contesting.com
Sat Jun 6 17:07:52 EDT 2015

Whoa...or maybe Wow.  K4AB won the overall CQWW US Classic overlay and SOAB HP category and I won the SOAB LP Classic overlay for US and placed 4th in the World. This is single radio unassisted category and I readily understand the concern about cluster violations; so much so, that I don't connect at any time during the weekend. Now -

A new rule requires single operator entrants competing at the World,Continent or USA levels to record the contest as heard by the operator. The Committee may request the audio recordings of an operation to help adjudicate the log.

So, reading this and the other changes, if we plan to compete at the same level we will need to provide logs with exact frequencies and also record the contest.

I may need some suggestions about how to record the entire contest; or, am I reading to much into this? Glad to the circle larger though.

Best - Jere, KT4ZB

 FYI - the club circle for CQ WW has been expanded to 250 miles from 175 miles.  This will allow some members who have been outside the SECC circle to now be inside and contribute scores to the club.  I'll be working with W4GKF to update the SECC web site to add the CQ calculation to the ARRL calculation - now that they are different.
 73,
 Hal N4GG

[CQ-Contest] Rules for CQ WW DX Contest 2015

Sat, 6 Jun 2015 13:52:10 -0000

Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd at charter.net>

k5zd at charter.net

'Contest Reflector' <CQ-Contest at Contesting.COM>

The final rules for the CQ WW DX Contest 2015 have been announced.
http://cqww.com/blog/rules-announced-for-cq-ww-contest-2015/

Summary of changes:

* QSO Alerting Assistance has been renamed to QSO Finding Assistance.  It
was felt this is a more descriptive name and is easier for non-English
speakers to understand.

* Minor edits to the definition of the Overlay Category. Clarification that
Assisted entries are not eligible for the Classic Overlay category.

* Extended the club circle from 175 miles to 250 miles for USA clubs, and
from 275 km to 400 km for DX clubs. The goal is to enable more club
participation.

* Changed the definition of QSO Finding Assistance. If the technology only
provides callsign or multiplier information it is considered assistance.
Added rule to specify that use of a CW decoder places an entrant in the
Assisted category.

* Remote stations must use a call sign permitted by the authorities at the
station location.

* Top scorers are required to submit logs with actual frequencies.

* A new rule requires single operator entrants competing at the World,
Continent or USA levels to record the contest as heard by the operator. The
Committee may request the audio recordings of an operation to help
adjudicate the log.

A pdf file showing all of the changes is available from the link above.
Please review the rule changes carefully.  Send any questions to
questions at cqww.com.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and suggestions on the draft rule
changes.  Your input was very helpful.

73

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
Director - CQ WW DX Contest