[SECC] RAC Canada Day Contest Reminder

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Jun 30 14:20:43 EDT 2015

Hello all:  This is a reminder that the annual celebration of
independence of Canada occurs each year on July 1.  The Radio Amateurs
of Canada sponsors a 24-hour contest on all HF bands plus six meters, I
think, that runs the 24 hours UTC of July 1.  So, that starts at 8 PM
tonight (Tuesday night) and ends at 7:59 PM Wednesday night EDT.  The
exchange is RS(T) + serial # or, for Canadian stations, RST + RAC
section or territory.  You don't need to work only Canadian stations,
but every station can work every other station.  For points, a regular
Canadian station counts 10 points, a station in Canada with a "RAC"
suffix (such as VE3RAC) counts 20 points, and any other station counts
one point.  There will be a lot of activity and a lot of fun to be had
in this contest.  Wednesday is a work day for me, so I won't be on full
time, but I will operate to the extent that it is convenient, I have
time, and we don't have thunderstorms.  Hope to hear and work many of
you.  During the 13Z hour Wednesday, I will probably try to be in both
the RAC and CWT contests.  So, my exchange will be something like
"599201 JOHN 76."  So you can count me as 599201 for RAC and as JOHN 76
for CWT.  Please give me back both exchanges if it isn't too much
trouble.  There will be no conflict with the 0300Z CWT as it will be
after the RAC contest is over.

Let's all try to get on a the air and congratulate our northern neighbors.

73, John, K4BAI.