[SECC] SECC Club Call W4AN

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Mar 11 20:47:58 EDT 2015

Hello all:

The SECC club call has been renewed through 2024 according to the FCC
data base.  I guess I will get some information on how to print out a
copy of the renewed license since the FCC no longer mails out paper
licenses.

I have been trying to renew it for over sixty days.  I was unable to
renew it on line because it is associated with someone else's FRN and
not mine.  Couldn't seem to to change that for some reason.  So, I
e-mailed the ARRL license renewal department with several questions
about how to renew this one throug ARRL and got no answer to my e-mail.

As a matter of principle, I didn't want to pay W5YI VEC to do it, but
now I must thank W5YI VEC for finally getting it renewed.

One thing I hadn't realized was that since Bill had the call by special
request, it is still that type of a call sign, instead of a regular
memorial call sign "inherited" from a deceased member, so a fee must be
paid with each renewal.

Probably before 2024, we'd best decide on a new and younger custodian
for the call.

73,  John, K4BAI.