[SECC] Armed Forces cross-band

halken halken at comcast.net
Tue May 5 09:49:42 EDT 2015

While not exactly DXing or Contesting, the ARMY/Navy/AF/Coast Guard hold
a cross-band communications exercise with amateurs once a year in May.
I have participated every year for 40 years. Unfortunately, it falls on
Dayton weekend this year.  For those who are QRV, here is the link.  The
QSL cards are always nice BTW and usually sent to you without requesting
one.  I have a collection that is one of the highlights of my overall
collection....  You need to know how to work split, the Armed Forces
stations all transmit out of the bands...

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/armed-forces-day-2015-crossband-communications-test-to-offer-new-modes

73,
Hal N4GG