[SECC] Proposed Rules Changes for CQWW

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu May 21 10:05:28 EDT 2015

In the past few days, K5ZD has posted proposed rules changes for CQ WW
DX Contests and has asked for comments pretty quickly.  One of the
changes would increase the CQ WW circle requirement from 175 miles to
200 miles.  If adopted, for the first time, K4BAI and K2SX would both be
inside the SECC contest circle for club aggregate scores.

Over the past few years, we have lost many of our members to other
clubs, ACG, SFCG, GCG, and maybe Deep Dixie Contest Club.  The members
of these clubs have greatly increased the contest activity in AL, SC,
and MS, which is good for the hobby as a whole.  SECC continues to exist
and enter club aggregate score competitions for those who do not belong
to the other clubs or who choose to contribute scores to SECC, including
a number who are not within the circles of any of the other clubs,
particularly those in the areas of Asheville and Charlotte, NC.  There
are clubs there, particularly local clubs and maybe a DX club, but those
clubs are not interested in club aggregate score competitions.

So, if you think it would be a good idea to increase the CQ circle
slightly as proposed, it might be a good idea to let K5ZD know.  I think
his e-mail address is k5zd at cqww.com.

73, John, K4BAI.