[SECC] 13 colonies event for July 1 to 6

Jim Stafford qrp at bellsouth.net
Fri May 29 17:22:27 EDT 2015

We are still in need of a few more (maybe 6) operators to give out
GEORGIA during the 13C event this
year.  We are especially in need of SSB ops.  Many of the folks looking
to work all 13
colonies are SSB ops.  Other modes are good but SSB is more valuable.
Once the event starts,
you might want to work a few other states (or even GA) with your own
callsign before you
fire up using K2G.  See  http://www.13colonies.info/GA13Col.htm

Here is who I have as operators for this year so far.

W4QO

N4PN

W6IZT

W5JR

N4VDL

K4WSW

wd4lyv

wb4whd

n4nhw

Obviously this can and will change as schedules conflict, etc.

Other than the list above, let me know if you can give out K2G contacts
this year.

If you want to help, we are asking you to:

1. Shoot for a personal goal of at least 400 QSOs.  (hey, N4PN did over
4000 last year!! :)
On phone, 400 represents only 1 hour per day (60 Qs/hour) for the six
days - July 1 to 6.
If time is limited, do several hour (or 2) segments during the week.
You'll work through
the pileup in a couple hours.  Keep contacts short but be more casual
than "contest style"
It's the Fourth of July event - be patriotic!!

2. Send me an ADIF file of your QSOs within 1 week of the end (ie July
13)  A simple software
to use is GEN LOG.  Use "general logging" feature.. It is a bit tricky
to get started; you have to name
a file (include your callsign) and a log type (general logging) but once
started, its simple.  If you screw up
an entry, don't bother to erase/correct, simply enter another QSO with
correct data.
The program?   It's free!  Put your callsign in the title of the adif
file you send me.
The North Fulton club is the QSL manager for all of GA. *Tnx to K4NHW
for card design.* See
web link above.

3. Send me just a total number of Qs within 24 hours of end of event
(July 7)

4. Spot yourself often so all our ops know "who's on what freq".  I find
dx.summit.fi
to be an easy one to use for spots.  Be sure to put -  Georgia 13
Colonies - in the comments.
There is no scheduling but we want only op per band per mode.  You look
on the spotting
network, do a search on K2G and find a clear spot, spot yourself and
start calling CQ 13 colonies.  A pileup will
ensue!

We especially need more phone operators; so if you know of any, talk to them
and have them contact me w4qo at nfarl.org

See  http://www.13colonies.info/GA13Col.htm

Jim/w4qo

--