[SECC] [sedxc] GQP Observation.....

Ben Coleman NJ8J nj8j at benshome.net
Mon Apr 11 21:23:21 EDT 2016

On 4/11/2016 07:19 PM, Bill Wilson via SECC wrote:
> I didn’t work one station for several hours in the contest because I
> thought he was not in GA……I finally got curious because of his signal
> strength on 40 in the middle of the day and looked him up on QRZ.com to
> find out he was in Cobb County

That sounds like it might have been me, except that on both days, I
wasn't on 40 until after 2200Z.  I was pretty much following the current
instructions, that in-GA stations call 'CQ GQP', and out-of-GA stations
call 'CQ GA'.  'CQ GQP' *should* be a primary indicator that the caller
is in-GA.  I did have a handful of people ask 'in GA?' before calling me.

Of course, I was running CW, on a straight key, which at my age is hard
on the keying arm.  I *really* didn't want to make the CQ any longer.

Ben
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin