[SECC] [Dx4win] JT65A

N4QS, Dave Perry n4qs at vci.net
Wed Aug 10 18:40:20 EDT 2016

Cort,

I use WSJT-X for JT65.  It is also available as a free download.  I setup
both WSJT-X and DX4WIN to run off of the same com port.  But I do not run
them at the same time.  When I want to work JT65, I click on Radio in DX4WIN
and click on Stop Radio, but I keep DX4WIN open.  This disconnects DX4WIN
from the radio and opens up the com port.

I then open WSJT-X and it automatically connects to the radio.  When I am
finished making a JT65 contact, the QSO is saved to the wsjt.log file.  I
then import the log file into DX4WIN.  Just go to File, Import/Export, make
sure ADIF is selected at the top, click on Import, go find the WSJT file in
your directory, double click on it, then when the window for Options for
Duplicates pops up, select Ignore Duplicate QSO.  This will ensure that you
only import any new JT65 QSOs into your DX4WIN log.

Since the signal reports from WSJT-X incorrectly go into the Notes for this
Call field, I then cut and paste to move the signal report information from
that field to the Notes for this QSO field.

When I am done working JT65, I close WSJT-X -- which frees up the com port.
I then click on Radio in DX4WIN and Start Radio to connect the radio back to
DX4WIN.  Again, not elegant but effective.  BTW, it is fun to work weak
signal JT65 on 6m as well as the other HF bands.  So you should give it a
try.

It would be great if Paul would someday start enhancing DX4WIN again.  I am
sure many of us would like to see an automatic interface between WSJT-X and
DX4WIN like there is for MMTTY.  We also need DX4WIN to support JT9 as a
mode.  I might also add that an automatic interface for Fldigi would be
great for the many other digital modes currently available.  But Paul has
been strangely inactive and incommunicado for five or six years now.

For the time being, this is a workaround that is cumbersome but pretty
foolproof.  Good luck.

73,

Dave, N4QS