[SECC] Fox Announcement - K4BAI - Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Aug 18 11:38:30 EDT 2016

Hello all:

In tonight's QRP fox hunt on 20 meters, N8SS, Earl in MI and I, K4BAI,
John in GA, will be the foxes.  We will be between 14050 and 14070 kHz
between 0100Z and 0230Z Friday, August 19, which is Thursday local date
in the US.  You must run no more than 5 watts, work only the two foxes,
and do not spot the foxes' frequencies.  Exchange is RST, SPC, Name, and
Power.  I will start out split listening up and will send "UP."  When
the pile up dies down, I will stop sending "UP" and will be listening on
my own transmit frequency.  This is a fun activity and I hope many of
you will participate.  If you are not sure you are in my log, please
call back later in the hunt for an "insurance QSO."

I will be running 5W from a FT1000MP and the antennas will be a TH6DXX
triband beam at 55' and an 88' center fed zepp at approximately 50'.  I
will be turning the beam in all directions and also using the zepp for a
quick QSO off the side of the beam.  I will stay at it for the whole 90
minutes and I am sure that Earl will too.  So, join in the fun tonight
if you can.

73/72, John, K4BAI.