[SECC] ARRL 10-Meter Contest - KT4ZB SSB SO Unlimited LP

kt4zb at aol.com kt4zb at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 07:14:59 EST 2016

Noticed great scores from John, K4BAI & Jef, W4DD

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO SSB Unlimited LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   CW:
  SSB:  173
Total:  173         27    Total Score = 9,342

   With my antennas stuck on the Midwest and the loop not checked out after Hurricane Matthew, I wanted to at least pass out a few points. Conditions here were as to be expected and I should have stayed on longer Saturday because Sunday was not as good. There was a wonderful opening to upper Midwest where I put 104 contacts from IA, MO, IL, MN, WI & MI in the log; most in one long run. Captured most of the West & West Coast on Saturday but with nothing pointing South, I only worked one PY off the back of the beam. However, did add HI & a XE who found me. Only mults on Sunday were LA, NV, AZ, TX and a ZL which was the only benefit of being assisted.

   It was great to hear Savannah on the air as AK4PI, N5GNA, KC2NYU & KB1WEI all found me to say Hi. Overall, I had a great time and enjoyed a number of chats with folks.

   No matter what the conditions, the old saying...There's no meters like 10 meters...still applies. Thanks to the contest group at ARRL for sponsoring the contest & thanks for the Q's,

Merry Christmas - Jere