[SECC] K4BAI Announcement 80M QRP Fox Hunt Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Feb 3 13:56:12 EST 2016

I will be one of two foxes (along with Drew, K9CW in IL) Thursday night
local date in the US, 0200-0330Z Friday UTC date on 80M.  The two foxes
will be between 3550 and 3570 kHz.  Please call the foxes using no more
than 5 watts output and do not spot the foxes' frequencies.  The
exchange is RST, SPC, Name, Power.  Work only the two foxes.

I will start out QSX up and will indicate that by sending "UP" after
every CQ or QRZ message.  When the pileup has died down, I will stop
sending "UP" and will be QSX on my own frequency.

If you have not participated in these QRP fox hunts on 40 and 80M, you
may find that you enjoy them.  Do an internet search for "QRP Fox Hunt"
and you will find a home page with rules, schedules, and results as well
as instructions on how to sign up for the qfox reflector.  In the
summer, there is a session on 20M.

I will be using an FT1000MP dialed back to 5W as measured on a WM-2 QRP
watt meter.  The antennas will be an 88 foot center fed zepp up about 50
feet that is broadside N and S and an 80 meter coax fed half wave dipole
in an inverted vee configuration.  If needed, I can use a 40M dipole as
a lower noise receive antenna.  However the cold front is passing
through here (Columbus, GA in EM72) about noon Wednesday and I am
optimistic that the band will be quiet here Thursday night.

72 and enjoy the hunt,

John, K4BAI.