[SECC] IC-9100 review

Neal Sulmeyer Neal at k4ea.net
Sat Feb 27 14:44:21 EST 2016

​I posted this today on eham:

I have been eyeing this radio for some time, including following the reviews here. I had an opportunity to play with one today and discovered one minor, one major, and one serious issue. I think the location of the notch/nr control and the M-CH/SUB DIAL should have been swapped. This is minor and not a deal breaker. With the likelihood of using external amplifier, each connector should have it's own independent "send control jack". Again not a deal breaker as I can use my PC to accomplish this. Finally, there is no independent receive antenna connection. For low band enthusiasts this is a "must have". There is probably some way to use the alternate HF, but even if there is, it would be extremely inconvenient at best. As an avid contester on both HF and VHF/UHF this looked like a great 2nd radio. Unless someone has a solution to this, I will pass on this radio. :(