[SECC] Announcement: NCCC NS Ladder NA Sprint Practices Sessions begin Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Jan 5 16:09:35 EST 2016

Please join in the fun for a half hour each Thursday night.  Power is
limited to 100W.  Format is same as for North American Sprint except
that a few more mults are recognized (e.g., P4, PJ4, PJ2, 9Y).

With great enthusiasm we announce the big 25th NCCC Sprint Ladder
competition, NSL XXV, starting this Thursday night, Jan 7.  [0230-0300Z
Fri on 20, 40, 80 and 160 m . . details below.]

NSL XXV continues on 8 consecutive Thursday nights. 30 fast mins of fun
contesting.  Only the top five scores are counted -- you can miss 3
weeks and still compete fully in one of the 5 divisions.

It's our 25th ladder since the inception of NSL in 2004.  In the first
ladder competition K6VVA and K6XX tied for first and were awarded a copy
of a book titled "How to Cure Your Addictions".

We hope you will help us celebrate this significant accomplishment, at
the same time sharpening your sprinting and general CW contesting skills.

73 Bill N6ZFO  ​
Director and Founder of
NCCC Sprint Ladder -- with much help.

NCCC Sprint Ladder XXV - "Contesting on the Edge"

NS Ladder (NSL) is a short snappy event, friendly to newcomers, but
intense.  You'll join some of the best contest enthusiasts in the US.
Regulars will slow to match your speed.

NSL XXV begins this Thursday night Jan 7 (Friday morning 0230 UTC) and
continues through Feb 26-- every Thurs. night.

          -- 0230-0300 UTC exactly (please set time accurately)
      -- 20, 40, 80 and 160m  38-44 KHz up from band edge, 1813-1818 on
160m.
           -- 100 watts max.
           -- Sprint QSY, format, NAQP-style mults per band
           -- 1 KHz minimum QSY, 2-3 KHz encouraged.
           -- Contact stations once per band.
           -- Score reports to 3830scores.com (Tks, WA7BNM)
           -- In final rankings, only the top 5 scores count.

     Rules:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
     Schedule:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html
     Divisions . . see map at http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
     Weekly results:  "GO" button at www.ncccsprint.com
      Operating tips: http://ncccsprint.com/operating.html

     nccc-blue reflector:  Join our low-volume reflector to discuss NS
and NS Ladder topics.  Sign up at