[SECC] CW Op Needed for IOTA Expedition

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Mar 31 20:23:06 EDT 2016

Hi everyone.

A group of hams plan to operate over the weekend of May 6-8 at Fort
Jefferson (Dry Tortugas island).  Operations will be CW and Phone.  We
can also light up 6 meters if the band opens. The group plans to run two
stations at about 50 watts each from large AGM batteries, fed with both
solar panels and wind generator.  Look up the call sign K4T on qrz.com
to learn more.

We expect large pileups and have already published our plans in various
venues.  Here are the various numbers we'll be handing out:

  * IOTA NA-079
  * US Island FL013S
  * Grid EL84
  * ARRL National Park,  NP17
  * World Wide Flora & Fauna , KFF-0023
  * ARLHS Lighthouse, USA-316 and USA-236

We'll even have a hex beam along with band pass filters to keep each
station out of the other.  Travel logistics have already been taken care
of, and your cost should be around $500.

If you have CW contest experience and want a really fun weekend of sun
and pileups, please give me a call.  The first ham that can help us out
and make the trip gets the slot!  Perhaps you know someone that would
work out, but isn't on this email reflector?  Please pass the word if
you know someone like that!

Very 73;

Tim Lemmon, WK4U
tim_lemmon at yahoo.com