[SECC] NCJ NA Sprint CW this Saturday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Sep 6 14:37:51 EDT 2016

Hello everyone:

Thanks for the fine response to team requests for CWOpen this past weekend.

This coming weekend is the NCJ North American Sprint contest on CW.  I
will be registering a team or teams.  So far, I have myself and N4OX.
I'd like to have at least one full ten-person team from the southeast
area.  If I don't have a full team, I'll solicit more widely.  This is a
great fun contest.  It runs from 0000 to 0359Z on Sunday, which is
Saturday night our local time.  The exchange is both calls, #, name, SPC
for stations in NA.  For stations outside NA, send # and name.  If your
logging program insists on something in the section window, enter "DX"
for stations outside NA.   You may run any legal power and the results
will reflect anyone using LP or QRP.  There is a five/two kHz QSY rule.
  Meaning that no one can legally camp on a frequency and "run."  After
you make one QSO when you solicited a call (CQ or QRZ), you must QSY at
least five kHz to call CQ again or two kHz to call another station.  The
more stations who sign up for teams, the more activity there is likely
to be, and the more fun for everyone.

Most ops will start on 20 and go to 40 when 20 dies and to 80 when the
rate on 40 drops.  Multipliers are counted per contest, not per band.
You can find all the details through links on the WA7BNM Contest
Calendar.  If the bands remain open all the time and the rate stays up,
you should start thinking about changing bands after 80 minutes,
one-third of the contest period.  Most stations will use CQ NA or just
"NA" as a CQ call.

I'll have to register the calls of the participants (and the operators
if they differ from the station call to be used) before the start of the
contest.

Please let me know if you will be on a team and what power level you
will use and how much of the four-hour period you plan to operate.

73, John, K4BAI.