[SECC] SECC Club Call W4AN/M will be QRV in FL QP This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Apr 28 20:08:55 EDT 2017

Hello all:  Ted, W8UE, and I are in Valdosta, GA planning to operate in
the FL QSO Party on CW this weekend as W4AN, the SECC club call in
memory of the late Bill Fisher, W4AN.  We expect to be QRV during the 20
hours of the contest in many FL counties. The route may be seen on the
FQP page.  The end will probably be changed further to the east since we
need to end up near Valdosta GA instead of near Dothan, AL as Jeff,
KU8E, and I had originally planned.  Jeff is under the weather this
weekend and will be QRV from home only and Ted was kind enough to give
up his single op mobile entry to join with we in the multi op category.

The suggested center frequencies are 035 kHz on each band 40 through
10.  We expect tp be QRV pm 40 and 20M in each county, conditions
permitting.  Once we have established a "run" frequency on a band we
will try to return to that run frequency, so you can look for us there
unless there is QRM.  So, look for us and other FL stations all weekend
and let's have a really good SECC turnout.  Maybe many of you can work
all 67 FL counties, a little easier than 159 in GA.  Of course, there
will be activity on SSB as usual and there will be a record number of
special event one by one calls QRV and a lot of mobiles on CW
especially, but also on SSB.

Have a good weekend and join in the fun during the annual Florida QSO
Party.  If you would like a W4AN QSL card, send me yours and I'll return
one the next day.

73, John, K4BAI

President, SECC