[SECC] Teams for NAQP CW

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Aug 7 12:14:20 EDT 2017

Please let me know if you'd like to be on team for NAQP SSB the weekend
after next.

Many thanks to Jeff, KU8E, for re-registering our SECC teams for NAQP CW
on Saturday.  I was in the hospital after an AFib attach early Saturday
morning and it did occur to me to call Jeff until 20 minutes before the
NAQP was due to start.  He was able to re-register our teams before the
deadline of the start of the contest, moving AA4CF to team #1.
Fortunately, Charlie was able to be on full time.  I had intended for
our stand by, Bill, AA4LR, to be on team #2 in my place, but didn't
communicate that properly to Jeff, so that left team 4 with only four
members. Don't know if Bill was able to be QRV or not, but I hope he got
on for some fun.  Thanks to all for a fine job.  I need only a score
from Mike, N4EEV, to have all the claimed scores.

Don't worry if your log submission or 3830 report got the wrong team
designation. They take the team members from the pre-contest
registration, not from your Cabrillo file header.

I am back at work today after the heart converted to normal rhythm about
9 PM Saturday.

This weekend will be WAE CW, which is always a fun contest.  You don't
have to participate in the QTC part of it if you don't want to.  I hope
that conditions to Europe will be at least fair.  Last week, I worked a
Portuguese station on 15 meter CW at 2245Z, so don't forget to look for
a late afternoon opening to Europe on 15 or even 10M.  15 has been
opening a bit to Europe also in the mornings around 1400Z. Sometimes
these signals are on a skew path where you should be beaming east toward
Africa.

73, John, K4BAI.