[SECC] Teams for NAQP CW

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Aug 8 22:50:32 EDT 2017

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 12:14 PM, John Laney <k4bai at att.net> wrote:
>
> Please let me know if you'd like to be on team for NAQP SSB the weekend after next.
>
> Many thanks to Jeff, KU8E, for re-registering our SECC teams for NAQP CW on Saturday.  I was in the hospital after an AFib attach early Saturday morning and it did occur to me to call Jeff until 20 minutes before the NAQP was due to start.  He was able to re-register our teams before the deadline of the start of the contest, moving AA4CF to team #1. Fortunately, Charlie was able to be on full time.  I had intended for our stand by, Bill, AA4LR, to be on team #2 in my place, but didn't communicate that properly to Jeff, so that left team 4 with only four members. Don't know if Bill was able to be QRV or not, but I hope he got on for some fun.  Thanks to all for a fine job.  I need only a score from Mike, N4EEV, to have all the claimed scores.

I was not able to get on for NAQP CW. I attended a five hour Hapkido seminar that ended just before 5 PM. Grandmaster Moreland had also cooked a variety of fine Korean dishes. While I was eating, I got a call that my daughter had car trouble and was in downtown Atlanta. So I had to gulp down my food and leave. Three hours later, when I had that problem sorted I drove back to the old QTH. I was exhausted. I figured I didn’t have the energy to get on and operate.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901