[SECC] Announcement: NCCC NS Sprint Ladder Series Starts Next Week - 1/2 hour Contest on Thursday Nights

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Aug 9 15:17:02 EDT 2017

Greetings all CW Operators:

Many of you may be aware of the NCCC Sprint (NS) CW sessions held on
Thursday evenings (in NA). Usually the 30 minute sessions are friendly
practice sessions similar to the Wednesday CWTs we all enjoy.

A couple of times a year the NS holds a more serious competition,
similar in scope to the CWOpen.  Real competition with serious bragging
rights up for grabs.  We have one coming up soon, and would be pleased
to have as many CWOps folks join us as possible.

The official announcement is shown below. A quick summary:  7 weekly
sessions, each station takes the 4 best scores as their total (the
“Ladder”).  Basically we use NCJ Sprint rules with a few modifications.
  The major loggers support the NS scoring, and no logs need to be
submitted: 3830 reporting is sufficient.

So if you would like to experience a different style of CW contest (and
perhaps practice for the real thing in September), please consider
joining us over the next several weeks.  This week’s session is still a
practice session with the Ladder beginning 18 Aug.

We hope to hear some familiar CWOps calls during this season’s Ladder!

Ken K6MR

The 27th NCCC Sprint Ladder competition, NSL XXVII.

Start Date:  Fri. Aug 18 (UTC) for Seven Consecutive Weeks (Thursday
night in NA)

Aug 18, 25, Sept 1, 8, 15, 22, 29.

Time: 0230-0300Z

[Dates are Friday UTC; contest is Thursday night in NA)

Bands: 15, 20, 40, 80 and 160

Only the top four scores are counted in the final compilation --
participants can miss 3 weeks and still compete fully in one of the 5
divisions.

Summary of Rules:

          -- 0230-0300 UTC exactly (please set time accurately)

          -- 15, 20, 40, 80 and 160m; 38-44 KHz up from band edge,
1813-1818 on 160m.
           -- 100 watts max.
           -- Sprint QSY, format, NAQP-style mults per band

           -- 1 KHz minimum QSY, 2-3 KHz encouraged.
           -- Contact stations once per band.
           -- Score reports to 3830scores.com (Tks, WA7BNM)

           -- In final rankings, only the top 4 scores count.

     Rules:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html
     Schedule:  http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html
     Divisions . . see map at http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html

     Weekly results:  http://www.n3qe.org/ladder.html

      Operating tips: http://ncccsprint.com/operating.html

​===========================================​

73 Bill, N6ZFO and the Thursday Night Contesting Team:  N6ZFO, N3ZZ, K6MR;

Advisory group: N6ZFO, K6UFO, W9RE, K4BAI, W4NZ, N4AF, N3BB, W0BH.

__._,_.___
Posted by: Ken K6MR <k6mr at outlook.com>
New Topic 	• 	Messages in this topic (13)
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email
app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your
inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an
email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
Visit Your Group

     New Members 2

Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use