[SECC] Fwd: ARRL 160 N4GG SO Unlimited HP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Dec 3 10:30:22 EST 2017

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 711  Sections = 75  Countries = 14  Total Score = 131,364

That was extra fun as the band was in excellent shape both nights.  Lots of
EU
stations answering my CQs and answering on first call.  All the antennas
here
were redone over the summer and the one that had to be compromised was the
160
transmit vertical - and wow could I tell.  I am down many dB from years
prior.
I have a plan to fix that in the spring.

160 is always a fun band as it brings out some old timers and lots of
friends.
I worked a lot of stations using bugs - a pleasure to hear.  No spark rigs
on
the air this year.

Thanks for for all the Qs.  I will be louder next year.  Though not loud, I
was
hearing okay!

73,
Hal N4GG