[SECC] N4XL - SCQP

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:15:13 EST 2017

*South Carolina QSO Party
<http://3830scores.com/listeditions.php?arg=pncvsUzEgssv6>   2017   Feb 25
  Claimed Score <http://3830scores.com/editionscores.php?arg=pncvsUzEgssv6>*

Call: *N4XL <http://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=N4XL>*

Operator(s): N4XL <http://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=N4XL>
Station: N4XL

Class: *Single Op FixedMixed LP*
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Location: In State/Province
<http://3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=pncvsUzEgssv6&call=N4XL>
Band CW Qs Ph Qs Dig Qs
160: 3 11 0
80: 75 24 0
40: 102 97 0
20: 49 55 0
15: 6 4 0
10: 0 0 0
6: 0 0 0
Total: *235* *191* *0* Mults *106* Total Score *132,092*

Club: South East Contest Club
Comments:     [email] <knason00%40gmail.com>     2017-02-26 12:07:10
Good to see the SCQP picking up some steam. Think pairing up with NC for
the Carolina's weekend was a good thing. Good to hear OM2VL, DL3DXX, LY5W
and a couple other DX on. And of course no contest is complete without
K4BAI. Thanks John, AD8J, K2SX and the other SECC and SFCG folks. And thank
you everyone who called. You gave me some great fun. Been awhile since did
some Butt In Chair time and it felt good. If there was a ten opening I
missed it. Antenna issues this time. Beam lowered from 50 to 35 ft for
maintenance and fixed direction at about 290 degrees. Fortunately, the
Bencher Skyhawk is optimized for gain so has a wide front lobe and low F/B
ratio. Able to work some northern folk and even a couple EU's on it. My big
520 ft horizontal loop at 25 ft would have helped with the SC mults, but it
was down too. Also had strong wind gusts that knocked things all over the
yard and dropped a branch taking out the 80/40 vertical three hours before
the end. The 102 ft doublet at 65 ft worked well though. Sorry to those who
had trouble copying me on voice, but had a wisdom tooth pulled a couple
days before the contest. Did mostly okay, but gave me a problem now and
then. Did a lot of CW and voice keyer work. More breaks than normal too.
First time I can remember quitting a contest early in years. Kevan N4XL