[SECC] CQ160 SSB AA4LR Single Op LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Feb 28 23:44:28 EST 2017

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 43  State/Prov = 21  Countries = 2  Total Score = 2,116

Antennas:
Shunt-fed 15m tower with 29 radials

Equipment:
Elecraft K3 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

Only had a limited time to work this contest. Made one contact around 0020z,
then on for a couple of hours 0100-0300z. Then a half hour starting at 1025z.
That was all I had time for. Did not work the second night at all.

Conditions did not seem great. Very noisy Friday night. A surprising number of
stations had great difficulty hearing me. Heck, they had difficulty hearing
anyone. I was happy to hand out a few Qs to those who could. Saturday morning
was much quieter, many stations easy to work.

Saturday, I spent 17 hours driving to / from and officiating a Taekwondo
tournament, so too pooped to operate any Saturday night.

Beginning to wonder if my antenna is radiating at all. ZF2AM and C6ANA only DX
worked, and they were both relatively easy.

I have eight states I still have not confirmed on 160m Phone. Heard ND, but he
was not able to hear me. Maybe next time.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901