[SECC] SSB Sprint Saturday _ Team Members Needed

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Mar 30 22:33:20 EDT 2017

Hello all:  See announcement from KW8N (recently P44N) of SSB Sprint to
run four hours Saturday night local date.  There is a team competition.
I will register teams.  Please let me know if you want to be on a team
ASAP and as late as mid afternoon Saturday.  Please advise what power
level you will be running and approximately how many of the four hours
you will try to operate. I will register the team(s) and send out a copy
of the registration before the contest starts at 8 PM Saturday night ET.
Hope many of you can be QRV and have fun in the Sprint. There has been a
lot of activity in this Sprint the past several years. 73, John, K4BAI.

Dear fellow ham radio operator,

Thank you for your past support of the NA SSB Sprint contest!  We hope
you enjoyed it.  Whether you made 3 or 300 QSOs in one of the last few
Sprints, your participation was very much appreciated. The SSB Sprint
contest is now at record-setting participation levels, making for a very
fun and exciting 4 hour event!  But we need to maintain that momentum.

We hope you will be on for the next SSB Sprint event, which is
this* Saturday evening (April 2, 2017 0000-0400 UTC, which is locally
April 1, 2017 in North America). *Please also pass this along to your
club or anyone else you think would enjoy participating.

As you may remember, the exchange is simply callsign, serial number,
name and state/province/territory/country. This is the contest where if
you call someone and work them, then following that QSO YOU get the
frequency until you work someone else, then that next station gets the
frequency, etc.  Of course you can choose to QSY without working another
station there and you can always call CQ on a clear frequency.

You don't have to send in your log, but if you do, you might come away
with one of the door prizes that will be drawn from among all of the
entrants with a score of at least 1,500 points (which is 50 QSOs with 30
multipliers).

Also, if you do plan to operate and if you have not already done so, if
you have a moment please let us know that you plan to be on at
http://ssbsprint.com/planned-activity/my-planned-activity/
<http://ssbsprint.com/planned-activity/my-planned-activity/>. This helps
us be sure that we will have all states and provinces on the air again
for this event.

You can check out all of the details on the http://ssbsprint.com
<http://ssbsprint.com/> website. You will find complete rules, previous
results, all-time records, door prize listings, etc.

73 Bob KW8N and the NA SSB Sprint committee
http://ssbsprint.com/