[SECC] rtty

Courtney Judd k4wi at k4wi.net
Tue Nov 14 17:51:10 EST 2017

wow, worked 3 new RTTY dxcc today: 9U4M,VP2MDC and J5T.... looking for
VK9MA for another. BUT, last evening I saw 9U4M spotted on 40 doing rtty
up 2. So I dropped down to 40 and sure enough Gritty showed him working
on the spotted freq correctly. here is where things get crazy. I have
been using MMTTY with DX4WIN and Writelog thru microHam keyer with the
router software. Never had any problems or seen this behavior before.
When I looked at the MMTTY print out window I see everything printed out
in reverse... that is qc qc m4u9 m4u9 pu.... gritty shows them correctly
so I know it's not them. So I send my call... looks like this iw4k iw4k
iw4k.... this has me completely buffaloed.... for the next hour and half
I went thru dx4win preferences, mmtty setup, and microham router looking
for anything out of place and for something to get it right again. I
have never seen this in all the time before. Nothing I did worked.
Finally just for something to do I clicked on CLEAR in the mmtty print
window. Voila! Back to normal and was able to get the 9U4 boys in the
log. Can anyone explain this behavior or is it this old dude going
crazy? lol 73's Cort K4WI