[SECC] New Club Competition Rules for CA QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Sep 12 13:59:45 EDT 2017

Dennis, K2SX, has advised that I didn't past the info from K6MM into my
message.  Very sorry about that.  Here is what I received.  My take on
it is that we are unlikely to have as many as ten entries from our club,
so we should elect the Small Club category.  Others?  73, John, K4BAI.

Dear Contest Club Official:

To encourage more small-medium club participation for 2017, we’ve
created three new Size-Categories:

Small = the 10 highest scores from a club will count for this
competition category
Medium = the 35 highest scores from a club will count for this
competition category
Large = clubs may combine the scores of any number of their members

Override:  To avoid the problem of members selecting the wrong
Size-Category — or no category at all — during log submission, we
encourage your club to choose a Size-Category and notify us in advance
of the contest.  With this override, club members would only have to
select your Club Name from a drop-down menu, since all logs submitted
from your members would be entered into the same Size-Category.

Please submit your Club Name and Size Category before 1600 UTC on
October 7, 2017.
Send note to:  CLUBS at CQP.ORG

Further details can be found on the CQP website:
http://www.cqp.org/Clubcomp.html

We hope to see many members of your club on the air soon in the 52nd
running of the California QSO Party!

73,
John, K6MM
CQP Chair
1600 UTC October 7, 2017 to 2200 UTC October 8, 2017
28 days and counting...