[SECC] Georgia QSO Party Update

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Sun Jul 8 16:31:01 EDT 2018

The 2018 Georgia QSO Party results have been published on the GQP web
page. K4BAI will be making this announcement soon on the cq-contest
reflector. He also will be doing a write-up for the web page when he
gets back from WRTC in Germany.

There also will be some minor changes for 2019.

1) All electronic logs will now be required to be submitted thru the Log
Submission page on http://georgiaqsoparty.org . We are doing this
because we are getting a lot of SPAM by publishing an email address to
submit logs to on the web page. Anti-SPAM logic has been added to the
Log Submission page to help cut down on this. I'm also doing this
because I received lots of logs this year that have the wrong Cabrillo
file header information on them. It's apparent that many people just
don't read the rules and are just too lazy to fix their logs. I'm tired
of fixing these logs every year. The worse program by far is Writelog.
The logic on the submission form won't let you submit your log if it's
in the wrong format. If you have submitted a log to CQ lately you will
see that they are doing this. The ARRL is not far behind.

2) The description for a  ROVER - Single Operator (RS)  category has
been changed due to the new distracted driving law in Georgia
https://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-just-passed-distracted-driving-bill-what-legal-what-not/PZXchE0AqAi1H8r7X8XrZN/
to the following :

ROVER - Single Operator (RS) - A single Georgia mobile station with one
operator that operates from at least two (2) different Georgia counties
and making at least one (1) contact from each county. It's suggested
that a Single Operator ROVER should not drive when operating. Note that
Georgia has enacted a distracted drivers law in 2018. While operating an
amateur radio transceiver would be allowed under the law using a
computer while doing this probably isn't allowed. If you decide to
drive/operate at the same time we urge that you record the contest and
transcribe it to a log later.

We are always looking for ways to improve the Georgia QSO Party. I've
had many inquires about adding digital modes to the GQP. I'm open to
this but need to discuss this with John and Chaz. Send us your
suggestions and we will look at them. Also a big thanks goes out to
Chaz, W4GKF and John, K4BAI for helping me run this thing. We had close
to 400 log submissions this year! It's a lot of work. And as always
we're looking for volunteers to help out.

Jeff  KU8E

--
*Jeff Clarke*
Information Technology Professional