[SECC] NAQCC Milliwatt Sprint This Wednesday

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Jun 18 08:24:26 EDT 2018

NAQCC SEMIANNUAL QRPp/CW SPRINT REMINDER
(Please do not reply to this email.  Contact information can be found below.)

====================

DATE:  JUNE 21, 2018  (The evening of the 20th in North America.)
TIME:  0130-0330 UTC
BANDS:  80, 40, 20 (See the General Instructions page for suggested freq.)

====================

SPRINT RULES:

All QSOs are to made with 1-watt of output power or less.

Complete sprint rules including exchange details, operating categories, scoring, and logging requirements should be reviewed athttp://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html>.

====================

MEMBERSHIP DATA FILES:

Membership data files for supported sprint logging applications are available athttp://www.naqcc.info/contests.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/contests.html>.  It is very important that you use the latest data file in your software.  It is available now for download.

====================

LOG SUBMISSIONS:

All sprint logs must be submitted through our Autologger page athttp://www.naqcc.info/autologger.php  <http://www.naqcc.info/autologger.php>.  Directly emailed logs are no longer accepted.  Some significant updates have been made to this page, including some automatic error trapping and correcting.  Please carefully follow the instructions given on the page for each of the input fields.  (A sample Autologger page for you to practice on before the start of the sprint is available.  See the list of useful links below.)

Logging options and specific log formatting details can be found on the Sprint Rules page athttp://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html>.

====================

AN INTRODUCTION TO OUR NAQCC SPRINTS:

If you have been hesitant to give ham radio contesting a try you really should consider our NAQCC sprints.  Our sprints are specifically tailored to help new CW operators get their first contesting experience.  Our most popular operating category is for using a straight key and this automatically keeps the CW speeds relatively low.  Additionally the exchange is simple and virtually everyone operating in the sprint is more than willing to slow down or give repeats.  Once the sprint is over we make log submission easy with our automated Autologger page.

Although scores are posted on our website and award certificates are issued, the real goal of our sprints is not to win something.  It’s to have FUN while promoting CW QRP operating.  EVERYONE who participates in the sprint is a WINNER, and in keeping with this philosophy we have a drawing each month for a nice prize that all of our member participants are entered into.  It doesn’t matter if you made 1 QSO or 100 QSOs, everyone has a chance to win the prize.

====================

SOME USEFUL LINKS:

- NAQCC home page:http://www.naqcc.info/index.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/index.html>

- Complete sprint rules:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html>

- Membership data files for supported loggers:http://www.naqcc.info/contests.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/contests.html>

- Sprint Autologger:http://www.naqcc.info/autologger.php  <http://www.naqcc.info/autologger.php>

- Links to sprint pages:http://www.naqcc.info/contests.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/contests.html>

- Printable sprint calendar:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_sked.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_sked.html>

- GenLog webpage:http://www.qsl.net/w3km/  <http://www.qsl.net/w3km/>

- GenLog tutorial:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_genlog_tutorial.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_genlog_tutorial.html>

- NAQCC SprintLogger by AC2C:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_ac2clogger.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_ac2clogger.html>

- Spint logger spreadsheet for Mac computers:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_macs.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_macs.html>

- Sample Autologger page for submission practice:http://www.naqcc.info/autotest.php  <http://www.naqcc.info/autotest.php>

- Member lookups and lists:http://www.naqcc.info/memberlist.php  <http://www.naqcc.info/memberlist.php>

- Prize drawing winners:http://www.naqcc.info/main_giveaways.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/main_giveaways.html>

- Sprint Honor Roll and all past results:http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_dates.html  <http://www.naqcc.info/sprint_dates.html>

- NAQCC Club President:  Paul, N8XMS, paul142857 <at> gmail <dot> com

Paul - N8XMS
NAQCC President
NAQCC #0675
http://www.naqcc.info/  <http://www.naqcc.info/>