[SECC] Announcement: SP DX Contest This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Apr 5 08:28:21 EDT 2019

*INVITATION TO THE 2019 SP DX CONTEST*

sp dx contestWe would like to invite you to participate in the SP DX
Contest this weekend*(April 6-7, 2019) from 1500 UTC Saturday until 1500
UTC Sunday*. This is biggest operating event of the year in Poland with
typically over 1000 SP stations on the air on both CW and SSB. For some,
it is a competitive event, for others it is a chance to make a QSO with
old friends. And for others yet, it is their only contest experience of
the year and an opportunity to be seen and heard and to have fun.

Your participation is very important to us for the continued success of
this contest. This contest has a long history, with the first contest
held in 1933. We expect a large turnout of SP stations this year.   The
success of this contest depends on the participation of DX stations like
you, whether you are a veteran contester or just enjoy making casual
contacts and giving SP stations an opportunity to work DX.   It does not
matter how much time you can spend and how many QSO’s you can make, we
would like to see you in our logs!

We have put a large effort into creating a very interesting and unique
Web site – *https://spdxcontest.pzk.org.pl*You can upload your file on
the Web and all submitted entries will be immediately visible to others.
We have adopted an open log policy, so all logs will be available for
viewing by others after the results are published.   We also provide
statistics on your log and all other logs in the contest. You can see
examples of these by looking at the 2018 contest results.  Final results
will be available within 30 days of the April 30 log submission
deadline. We also have a long list of special awards which have been
sponsored by individuals and groups which you can see on the Web page.
Lastly, you can qualify for various levels of the POLSKA award for
working the 16 provinces (wojewodztwa) of Poland.

**

We hope we have made this contest interesting and exciting for you and
we look forward to seeing you in the contest!

  2019 SP DX Contest Committee

Polish Amateur Radio Union, SPDXC Club

---
https://www.avg.com