[SECC] Announcement Makrothen RTTY Contest

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Aug 13 10:31:15 EDT 2019

We would like your assistance to promote the "Makrothen RTTY Contest".

Please help by spreading the word to your club members via club/email
reflectors, meetings and club newsletters and fellow radio hams in your
country!

About the Makrothen RTTY Contest
Makrothen (Makrovqen) is an ancient Greek word meaning ?great distance?
or ?some distance away?.

Date and Time
The contest takes place on the second full weekend of October each year.
The contest dates for 2019 are Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th October
2019, with three separate periods: Saturday 00:00-08:00 UTC and
16:00-24:00 UTC and Sunday 08:00-16:00 UTC.  A station may participate
in all three periods and should submit one combined log for all periods.

Objective
For amateurs around the world to contact as many other amateurs as
possible during the three periods of operation using RTTY.

I have attached details about the Makrothen RTTY Contest in both word
and pdf formats.

We greatly appreciate your assistance with promoting this contest.

Thank you!

Regards,
Ian W6TCP
+1 925 405 5835