[SECC] NAQP SSB AA4LR Single Op LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Aug 20 12:07:39 EDT 2019

                   North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

 160:
  80:   2      2
  40:  23     10
  20:   5      4
  15:
  10:
-------------------
Total:  30     16  Total Score = 480

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Antenna:
2/3 of 80/40m Trap dipole hanging sloping from 6-50 feet. (80-20m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts
Heil BM-10 with Electret mic

Comments:

Just managed to get on for a little while and hand out a few Qs.

Note the antenna. My original 80/40m trap dipole got untied from the fence by someone well-meaning and then the antenna was run over by the lawn maintenance crew. About 1/3 of the antenna (including one trap) was destroyed and the wire, trap and rope from that end has disappeared. I'm working on a replacement antenna, but in the meantime I tied it off to the fence and working stuff with the rest of the antenna still in the trees.

By the time I got on, 20m seemed to be dying. 40m had a lot of activity, and there were a few signals on 80m. I even managed to make about 10 Qs on 40m calling CQ.

Next time, we'll see if I can get a whole antenna back up in the air....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901