[SECC] See announcement below about two practice sessions on Thursday evening for CQ WPX RTTY

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Feb 5 22:45:35 EST 2019

Greetings Diddlers:

We almost hit the magic double digits last week, so welcome back to
all.  AE6JV jumped in for the first time, and was in there with the best
of them.  N0TA was back in there also, welcome back John.  WD0T is still
working on his basement so had to go next door to KD0S to put out the
big signal.

20 meters was alive at the beginning, but few takers.  Don't forget to
give a quick listen and maybe a few CQs and see what's kicking!

The upcoming weekend is the CQ WW WPX RTTY, so now is the time to check
out the equipment.  If you did not see W0YKs announcement, there will be
two practice sessions immediately before the NS: 2100-2130 UTC,
Thursday, 7 February, and 0100-0130 UTC, Friday, 8 February (Thursday
evening NA time).  Two chances and no excuses for not being ready on Friday.

And, as long as you have everything fired up, please join us for a bit
of Sprinting.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening (in NA)  get together:

Friday, 8 Feb 2019, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 7 Feb 2019 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules
and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages,
please let me know so we can get them fixed.

If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a
have a place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing
list: https://groups.io/g/nccc-blue

Contestonlinescore.com has a slot set up for us if you’d like to make
sure your logger is talking to the world. Select NCCC NA RTTY Sprint.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a
few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR

_,_._,_
_._,_._,_