[SECC] YARC Youth Contesting Program Round 2!

Bruce Yang bruceyang1998 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:59:40 EDT 2019

>From Sterling, N0SSC:

Attention contesters!

The Young Amateur's Radio Club (YARC) Youth Contesting Program is kicking
off its second rendition of the program for the IARU HF Championships July
12-13, 2019. YARC's YCP is a program designed to encourage owners of
contest-grade amateur radio stations to open their doors to young contesters
within a day's worth of driving.

I created this program with YARC because this is how I was introduced to
serious contesting. In 2007, Ward Silver N0AX invited me to join him and Ed
Karl K0KL (SK) at his contest station for CQWWCW, only 5 miles away from my
parent's home in rural Missouri. I had no idea there was such a station so
close! And since then, I've been totally enamored by amateur radio
contesting, and I really think that formula can work for everyone.

If you're interested in hosting your station (and you don't have to be a big
gun!), or are a young contester interested in operating such a station,
apply at https://yarc.world/ycp. Deadline to apply is July 1.

73 and GL!
Sterling N0SSC

As part of this program, I'll be opening up Georgia Tech W4AQL to young
operators who are interested. If you know a young ham who might be
interested in contesting, please fill out the application form at
https://yarc.world/ycp. Hope to hear more "next-gen" contesters on the air!

73,

Bruce Yang, KN8U/BH4EPL

President