[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score Nov 2019 NA Sprint SSB

Dave Edmonds dave at pkministrywebs.com
Sun Nov 10 09:01:35 EST 2019

The 40m band during the SSB  Sprint was nothing but mysterious! John was
correct. There were few sigs on the band when I started at 0000z. I kept
working the Swamp Foxes in SC. On 40m I heard K7RL really loud and then
more western US stations booming into SC. I heard KH6XS Bill very loud, but
I couldn't break the west coast wall. Later more western stations were even
louder. After a few hours, more station around the US were heard.

73s Dave WN4AFP

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:51 AM John Laney <k4bai at att.net> wrote:

>                     NA Sprint SSB Contest - November
>
> Call: K4BAI
> Operator(s): K4BAI
> Station: K4BAI
>
> Class: Single Op HP
> QTH: GA
> Operating Time (hrs): 4

>    80:   55
>    40:   66
>    20:    8
> ---------------------
> Total:  129    Mults = 44  Total Score = 5,676
>
> Club: South East Contest Club
>
> Team: South East Sprint Coalition
>
> Comments:
>
> 20 was very poor.  KH7XS was strong and I heard, but did not work KH6CJJ.  A few
> far west stations here heard and only a few worked.  Later, worked local KU8E
> and came across a very strong KW8N backscatter, I guess.  40M was very hard work
> and most everyone had a hard time copying me and I them on either of my 40M
> antennas.  Skip was strange with SC stations loud early and other eastern US
> stations in and out.  Some western stations were loud, but not easy to work.
> 80M was really quite good, but not a lot of stations were still trying toward
> the end.  Very good participation from Canada (contrasted with almost no
> Canadians on CW a few weeks ago).  Thanks for all QSOs and for any who tried and
> didn't get through.  This is without a doubt my poorest score ever in this
> contest when I was able to be QRV for the whole time.  And it was very poor
> compared to even low power stations from the southeast.  Mystery to me.  73,
> John, K4BAI
>

> Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at: http://www.3830scores.com/

Dave Edmonds
PK Ministry Webs