[SECC] ARRL 10M Contest

Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
Sun Dec 13 21:28:37 EST 2020

On 12/13/2020 8:54 PM, Chuck via SECC wrote:
> My Motty winkeyer started crashing N1MM+ every time I went to log a cw contact on Sunday afternoon. I think the cable/connector may be getting flaky. Will see if I have another USB mini cable around.

You might want to check for RF in the shack.  I had problems with the
Mortty locking up on the USB side when I first got it.  Some snap-on
chokes helped a little, but what really helped was getting a cable with
a built-in choke.  No lock-ups after that (dealing with the RFI on the
transmitter side of the Mortty was another story).  If you don't have
one, Monoprice has them here:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5448

That's the one I used.

Ben
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
  "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                             Paul Tomblin