[SECC] 10 mtr results

Courtney Judd k4wi at k4wi.net
Mon Dec 14 09:00:45 EST 2020

maybe this will be more readable! CJ

>  Subject: ARRL 10 K4WI SO SSB Unlimited HP
>                       ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020
>
>  Call: K4WI
>  Operator(s): K4WI
>  Station: K4WI
>
>  Class: SO SSB Unlimited HP
>  QTH: Alabama
>  Operating Time (hrs): 24

>     CW:    0     0
>    SSB: 1502    84
>  -------------------
>  Total: 1502    84  Total Score = 252,336
>
>  Club: Alabama Contest Group
>
>  Comments: Wow this one turned to be my best effort ever for anything
on 10 meters. Friday evening I averaged 145 an hour for 5 hours for 728
in the log.... would have had a few more but a storm front moved in just
after 11 PM and rain static wiped out the band. I rather thought
Saturday and Sunday would also be good but turned into a huge
dis-appointment.... no Euro or VK/ZL either day and only a few Africa. I
saw many of those being spotted on CW but nada on SSB. I got a huge
laugh when Sunday morning I saw PK4A spotted.... typed it into the entry
and came back as North Korea.... went and looked at that frequency....
huge pile-up.... turned out to be PT4A! Missed AR and MT and no HI or AK
spotted. Both days the band faded around 2 PM with only a few left to
work. This seemed to be another contest where pointing the beam didn't
matter.... mostly stayed North.... only went S.E. to get those mults....
no sense in running them when only worth same points as USA. Thanks for all