[SECC] ARRL FD N5FPW 1D LP

Larry Van Horn - Radio (N5FPW) n5fpw at frontier.com
Tue Jul 7 06:47:00 EDT 2020

Submitted by: Larry Van Horn, N5FPW     E-mail: n5fpw at frontier.com

Call Used: N5FPW     GOTA Station Call: (NONE)     ARRL/RAC Section: NC     Class: 1D

Participants: 1     Club/Group Name: South East Contest Club

Power Source(s): Commercial

Power Multiplier: 2X

Preliminary Total Score: 1,022

      Bonus Points:
      Bonus Points Status
      Social media 100
      Entry submitted via web 50
      Total bonus points 150
      Score Summary - File [N5FPW 2020 ARRL FD.CBR] previously uploaded
        CW Digital Phone Total
      Total QSOs 0 218 0
      Total Points 0 436 0 436   Claimed Score = (QSO points x power mult) = 872
      Band/Mode QSO Breakdown:
        CW Digital Phone
      Band QSOs Pwr(W) QSOs Pwr(W) QSOs Pwr(W)
      160m
      80m   23 50
      40m   28 50
      20m   76 50
      15m   39 50
      10m   48 50
      6m   4 50
      2m
      Other
      Satellite
      GOTA
      Total 0   218   0

It has been a while since I have had a chance to contest but I wanted to give
this a go as a practice session for a possible fall CQWW Digi run. The software
interface between WSJT-X and N1MM was not bullet proof so in fine Field Day
fashion I had to improvise a fix. Also discovered the now infamous “deep decode”
bug in WSJT-X V2.2.2 so did the switch to fast and the program quite crashing.
All in all most of what I did was on Sunday and had to shutdown 2 hrs early due
to our infamous western NC mountain T-Storms.

I must admit it was the most unusual FD I have ever done in 46 years as a ham.

Hope all are staying safe and 73 de Larry

Larry Van Horn, ATC (AW) USN (Ret)
N5FPW - Brasstown, NC USA
President, Teak Publishing
The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Columnist
Twitter: @MilcomMP, Mode-S Monitor
Milcom Monitoring Post http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/
Btown Monitoring Post http://monitor-post.blogspot.com/