[SECC] KU8E IARU

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Sun Jul 12 18:12:25 EDT 2020

Call:*KU8E <https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KU8E>*
Operator(s):KU8E <https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=KU8E>
Station: KU8E

Class:*SOABCW HP*
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Location: USA

<https://www.3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=hTqghzhmsfm1&call=KU8E>
Band 	CW Qs 	Ph Qs 	Zones 	HQ Mults
160: 	1

80: 	130

40: 	263

20: 	488

15: 	108

10: 	27

Total: 	*1020* 	*0* 	*68* 	*65* 	Total Score 	*342,076*

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments: [email] <mailto:ku8e%40ku8e.com>2020-07-12 20:32:49
K3/100, Acom 1000 and dipoles I don't tend to be very serious in DX
contests since I don't have a station at home that can be competitive.
Just a PT effort from here. The main reason for being around the shack
was to provide technical assistance for the remote station software to
John, K4BAI, who operated the PJ4NG / BeLoud.us station in Bonaire
remotely as PJ4A from my house. This is the 3rd time he's had the chance
to do this remote stuff but he's still not that comfortable with the
technology as much as I am. That's understandable since I worked in the
computer technology field before I retired. Everything seemed to work OK
except for some internet drops (either at my house or Bonaire) that
caused us to lose communication to the station. No hardware issues at
all. John purchased a Flex Control VFO knob to use with the Flex 6500
since his last remote effort and that helped a great deal tuning the VFO
and RIT. Due the COVID-19 I'm pretty sure we won't be able to take our
yearly trip to PJ4A for CQWW DX CW in November. Bonaire is still
shutdown for American citizens for the foreseeable future and I don't
see that changing by November. We thought about doing M/S via the remote
for CQWW but with only one radio I don't think we would be very
competitive. So I think the next PJ4A remote effort by John with be just
a single-band operation. Jeff KU8E