[SECC] FT-8 in VHF Contest

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Thu Jun 11 13:22:49 EDT 2020

Although I don't want to have to do it I will be on FT4/FT8 when no one
is on CW/SSB. I just want to maximize my score. Should be interesting to
see how my station works this year. I raised the 5 element 6 meter beam
up to a tree limb and it's up about 45 feet now. Before it was on a 10
foot pole in the backyard. I still have to use the Armstrong method to
turn it. I also have a bigger amp now - an Acom 1000 - so I will be
running 900 watts instead of 500 I ran with the KPA500. Hope to work
many of you this weekend.

Jeff